Beginning with the Class of 2023, Creighton Prep will move to a school-owned iPad program to make better use of the iPad as a transformational educational tool. School-owned and managed iPads will benefit our students' learning experience by allowing teachers and parents greater control of how they use iPads during school hours and at home. An annual $175 fee includes:
- iPad (6th generation) 9.7" 128GB
- Four-year insurance for any potential damage to the iPad
- Logitech case and keyboard
- Logitech stylus similar to the Apple Pencil
- Device management software (ZuluDesk)
Each Student Needs His Own Personal Apple ID
- You can create an Apple ID for your student without using a credit card – please click here for instructions.
- Personal content like messaging, contacts, calendars, apps is tied to an Apple ID.
- A student can recover his (and only his) data if he loses or damages his iPad.
- Provides parents with another opportunity to talk to their student about his online presence.
- Textbooks and school materials will be tied to this ID. This eliminates the possibility of someone else deleting material or taking up storage space with non-school related material.
- Parents can still monitor and manage a student’s App Store activity. See Family Sharing below and click here for a collection of resources from Apple for families.