iPad Deployment and Orientation
Beginning with the Class of 2023, Creighton Prep will move to a school-owned iPad program to make better use of the iPad as a transformational educational tool. School-owned and managed iPads will benefit our students' learning experience by allowing teachers and parents greater control of how they use iPads during school hours and at home. An annual $175 fee includes:
- iPad (6th generation) 9.7" 128GB
- Four-year insurance for any potential damage to the iPad
- Logitech case and keyboard
- Device management software (ZuluDesk)
Required Personal AppleID:
- You can create an AppleID for your student without using a credit card – please click here for instructions.
- Personal content like messaging, contacts, calendars, apps is tied to an Apple ID.
- A student can recover his (and only his) data if he loses or damages his iPad.
- Provides parents with another opportunity to talk to their student about his online presence.
- Textbooks and school materials will be tied to this ID.
- Parents can still monitor and manage a student’s App Store activity. See Family Sharing below and click here for a collection of resources from Apple for families.
- Click here for more information about Family Sharing
- Up to six people in your family can share purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store without sharing accounts.
- Pay for family purchases with the same credit card.
- Approve kids’ spending right from a parent’s device.
- All without having to share an Apple ID or passwords.
In order to ensure students and their iPads are classroom ready on the first day of school, students are required to attend an orientation session at Prep and complete an online course in Canvas. Parents will receive an email at a later date to register for the orientation at Prep.
iPad Distribution & Orientation at Prep
- Students must choose one of these sessions:
- August 5, 9:00-11:30
- August 5, 1:00-3:30
- August 6, 8:00-10:30
- August 6, 3:00-5:30
- At this session, students will:
- Receive and setup iPad
- Set up Prep accounts
- Enroll in online course and begin assignments
- Learn about Prep’s electronic use expectations
During your student's iPad orientation session, he will enroll in an online course. All assignments for this course are due by 8:00 am on August 19th. If your student needs help finishing his online course, he may attend any of the following help sessions at Prep in the Library:
- August 12, 3:00–4:00
- August 13, 7:15–8:00 & 3:00–4:00
- August 14, 7:15–8:00 & 3:00–4:00
- August 15, 7:15–8:00 & 3:00–4:00
- August 16, 7:15–8:00
- August19, 7:15–8:00
Please drop off and pick up students at the Administration entrance on the east side of the building where he will be directed to the library for help.