It is very important that your student be prepared for training by having and bringing the following to his training session
- HIS iPad – this should be the iPad he will use during the school year (Click HERE for acceptable models. Scroll down to “Acceptable devices for the class of 2022” on the right side)
- HIS OWN AppleID and password –each student needs to have his own Apple ID (an explanation of why each student needs to have his own Apple ID is provided below). Family Sharing is a good way to help manage your student's Apple ID. Information for both the Apple ID and Family Sharing are provided below.
- iOS 11.4 (to see which version is on your iPad, go to Settings, General, Software Update)
- Google Drive APP (downloaded on his iPad before arriving at training)
- iBooks App (this app comes installed on most new iPads, if it is not on your student’s iPad, please download it to his iPad before training)
- Gmail App to use for his school email
Why each student needs to have his own AppleID:
- You can create an AppleID for your student without using a credit card – please click HERE for instructions.
- Personal content is tied to an Apple ID (messaging, contacts, calendars, apps, etc.)
- A student can recover his (and only his) data if he loses or damages his iPad.
- Provides parents with another opportunity to talk to their student about his online presence.
- Textbooks and school materials will be tied to this ID. This eliminates the possibility of “someone else” deleting material or taking up storage space with non-school related material.
- Parents can still monitor and manage a student’s App Store activity (see Family Sharing Below).
- Please click here for a collection of resources from Apple for families.
- Click HERE for more information about Family Sharing
- Up to six people in your family can share purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store without sharing accounts.
- Pay for family purchases with the same credit card.
- Approve kids’ spending right from a parent’s device.
- All without having to share an Apple ID or passwords.
During the iPad Orientation Training Session, your student will install the Meraki Mobile Device Management Profile (Meraki Profile). The Meraki Profile is necessary for students to access Creighton Prep’s Network. The Privacy Disclosure can be accessed here.
If you have further questions, please visit the 1:1 Program FAQs or email iPad@prep.creighton.edu.