< back to page list
Preparing For School – A Checklist
- If you have not yet completed the Annual Update for each son by logging on to PowerSchool and clicking on Annual Update in the left column under each son's name, please do so now. The Annual Update involves updating student records, health records and emergency contact information as well as completing the required Student-Parent Handbook verification. If you have questions, please contact the High School Office at email@example.com.
- Review course schedule on PowerSchool and check for any errors.
- Order books online. Click HERE for textbook and app purchase available through the Prep website.
- Check school clothing and hair style to confirm they are within dress code expectations as outlined on pages 40 and 41 of the Student-Parent Handbook.
- Is hair clean, groomed, the natural color, and above the eyebrows, collar and earlobe?
- Are clothes too small, worn out or no longer neat and clean?
- Confirm that parent mobile phones are registered with our emergency text notification service by texting any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin or yes. It is okay to repeat this process. Click HERE to learn more about SchoolMessenger emergency notification.
- Submit an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) to the Dean’s Office IF the student has a life-threatening condition such as severe asthma, allergies, diabetes or seizures.
- Complete and return to the Dean’s Office the Prescription Medication/Authorization to Carry and Self-Administer Form which requires a physician’s signature IF the student needs to take prescription medication while at school.
- Prior to participating, all students trying out for a sport (both NSAA and club) must complete and return this physical examination form or one from your doctor to the High School Office.
- Find locker assignment on PowerSchool.
- Purchase a school-issued, gray-faced padlock for $5.00 at registration if you need a new one.
- Purchase a parking permit if driving to school. Permits are available only online by clicking HERE through the first week of school. After the first week, parking tags are only available in the Dean's Office.
- Click HERE after Monday, July 30 to pre-order and pre-pay for school photos from Jeremy Johnson Photography prior to registration OR HERE to download a picture order form that you can complete then return with your son to registration on Monday, August 13 along with a separate check payable to Jeremy Johnson Photography.
- Click HERE for photo requirements for seniors at registration.