Preparing For School – A Checklist
- Review the Student-Parent Handbook and complete the Annual Update and Student-Parent Agreement. Complete the annual update and handbook agreement for each son by logging on to PowerSchool and clicking on Annual Update in the left column under each son. Parents received instructions via email for completing this form. Without these updates, we may have outdated directory, student health and emergency contact information. If you have questions, contact the High School Office at email@example.com.
- If you have not yet reviewed the student records and health update request in a June email to parents, please review that email and update any changes. Without these updates, we may have outdated directory, student health and emergency contact information. Call the High School Office at 402-393-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Review course schedule on PowerSchool and check for any errors.
- Order books online. Click HERE for textbook and app purchase available through the Prep website.
- Check school clothing and hair style to confirm they are within dress code expectations.
- Is hair clean, groomed, the natural color, and above the eyebrows, collar and earlobe?
- Are clothes too small, worn out or no longer neat and clean?
- Confirm that parent mobile phones are registered with our emergency text notification service by texting any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin or yes. It is okay to repeat this process. Click HERE to learn more about SchoolMessenger emergency notification.
- Submit an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) to the Dean’s Office IF the student has a life-threatening condition such as severe asthma, allergies, diabetes or seizures.
- Complete and return to the Dean’s Office the Prescription Medication/Authorization to Carry and Self-Administer Form which requires a physician’s signature IF the student needs to take prescription medication while at school.
- If involved in athletics (especially any fall sports), complete the required athletic forms.
- Find locker assignment on PowerSchool, available in mid-July.
- Purchase a school-issued, gray-faced padlock for $5.00 at registration if you need a new one.
- Purchase a parking permit if driving to school. Permits are available only online by clicking HERE through the first week of school. After the first week, parking tags are only available in the Dean's Office.
- Click HERE after Monday, July 30 to pre-order and pre-pay for school photos from Jeremy Johnson Photography prior to registration OR HERE to download a picture order form that you can complete then return with your son to registration on Monday, August 13 along with a separate check payable to Jeremy Johnson Photography.
- Click HERE for photo requirements for seniors at registration.