Creighton Prep Athletics
Holiday Basketball Tournament & Dineen Wrestling Invite Schedule Updates
- No games. Practices in the morning and to be concluded by noon.
- Reserve basketball tournament games will be played at 9:00 a.m. (PLVS vs. MW) and 10:30 a.m. (Prep vs. WHS)
- Metro Holiday Tournament quarterfinal game, Westside @ Prep, will be played at 1:30 p.m. Watch the game live-streamed on Prep's CP Sports Network on YouTube.
- Metro Holiday Tournament semi-final games
- Girls' Semifinals 10:00 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
- Boys' Semifinals 1:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Dineen Wrestling Invite
- Weigh-ins 7:00 a.m., wrestling 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Metro Holiday Basketball Tournament Finals
- Girls' Final 5:30 p.m.
- Boys' Final 7:15 p.m.
Winter Sport Spectator Policy
Prep will soon begin winter sports competition in four sports: wrestling, swimming and diving, basketball and bowling (new this year). In order to ensure a safe and successful winter season, Prep, in conjunction with the Metro Conference, has adopted strict game management protocols, including restricting attendance to two family members for each participant.
Most of our varsity athletic events, home and away, will be live-streamed. Check back for schedule updates and events that will be live-streamed or broadcast on TV.
Go Jr Jays!
- Every home basketball game will be live streamed on Prep's CP Sports Network on YouTube.
- Wrestling Live-Stream
About Creighton Prep Athletics
Creighton Prep has an athletic tradition that is unequaled in the state of Nebraska. The many successes on the field of play are made even more significant because of the unique role that athletics plays at Jesuit high schools. The rich history of athletics at Creighton Prep is the result of a commitment to the Ignatian values that are found in the profile of the Graduate at Graduation and in doing so, engage student-athletes fully in mind, body and heart.
Student-athletes, coaches and parents are called upon to work together in a true value of sportsmanship to assist in creating an environment in which those Ignatian values can be revealed, tested and proven relevant to the entire school community. Athletics has had an important role in ensuring the school's mission of "building men for others" is met.
Prep offers 10 NSAA sports throughout the school year. In addition, Prep currently has four club sports and a comprehensive intramural program. Prep also has a full-time strength and conditioning coach to teach and monitor the students in the weight room. Off-season and in-season conditioning are important for young athletes to prepare them for competition. Many sports offer freshman teams, while others have a no-cut policy. All of this adds up to plenty of opportunities for Prep students to get involved in a club or sport.
These are the NSAA & Club Sports Offered
- Fall Sports: Tennis, Football, and Cross Country
- Winter Sports: Basketball, Swimming, and Wrestling
- Spring Sports: Baseball, Track, Golf, and Soccer
- Club Sports: Lacrosse, Power Lifting, Hockey, and Trap Shooting
- There are no cuts in Football, Cross Country, Wrestling, Track and Club Sports.