Per Assistant to the President and Loyola Scholars Director Fr. Nathan Wendt, SJ, the 2018 Loyola Scholars nomination season is now open at Creighton Prep as of Tuesday, January 9. Loyola Scholars is a year-round, three-year academic and leadership achievement program serving middle school 6th-to-8th-grade males in the Omaha metro area who are academically talented, have leadership potential and whose households have significant financial need.
As a result, if you know of any Omaha metro area families with current 5th grade males who might be interested and qualify for the Loyola Scholars program at Prep, please note that their names can be placed in nomination by the student's elementary school principal, teacher, counselor, pastor or director of religious education, or employee of another educational, community-based organization via the nomination form located at www.creightonprep.org/loyolascholars/nomination. Nominations will be accepted through Monday, March 12.
Nominees for Loyola Scholars must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a currently enrolled 5th grade male.
- Household demonstrates significant financial need. (Free and Reduced Lunch qualifier is a good indicator.)
- Student demonstrates good to strong academic ability in class and on standardized tests (based on 4th and 5th grade report cards and testing).
- Student possesses motivation, desire for academic achievement and shows leadership potential.
- Student is from a family committed to the goal of college preparatory education and faith-centered child development.
Application packets for Loyola Scholars go out by mail soon after nominations are received, and all nominations and information provided are kept confidential.
If you or any prospective families you know have questions about the Loyola Scholars program, please contact Fr. Nathan Wendt, SJ at email@example.com or 402-548-3885.