AP Exams Registration
Students who plan to take an AP exam should register with Mrs. Kathryn Harmon in the High School Office between now and Friday, March 22 at 1 p.m. Parents received a letter if their son qualifies to take an exam, and AP course instructors are reminding students to register.
A payment of $94 with a check payable to Creighton Prep is due when registering. If your son is dual-enrolled through the University of Nebraska Omaha, no payment is due but a test needs to be ordered. For any questions, see Mr. Steve Wertzberger or Mrs. Harmon.
Senior Retreat – March 28-29
Parents of seniors who have sons signed up for the Senior Retreat have received an email with details about the retreat. If you have any additional questions about Senior Retreat, please contact Mr. Jerry Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are still looking for fathers of seniors to participate by facilitating a small group discussion on Thursday, March 28. The dads will arrive at 7:45 p.m. for instructions, and the discussion will take place from 8:30-9:30 p.m. Fathers will not be assigned to their son’s group. Click HERE to sign up.
Letter Sweaters Available for Ordering in the Jay Mart
The Creighton Prep Jay Mart is offering letter sweaters for ordering until March 31. The letter sweaters are dress code-approved and are in compliance with next school year’s updated sweater policy.
The sweaters come in two colors and cost $50. Blue sweaters are for any student who is earned a school letter either for participation in a varsity NSAA sport, an approved club sport or an NSAA activity. The white sweaters are for any student who has earned state honors in the aforementioned sports or activities. Students may see samples in the Jay Mart. Additional sleeve chevrons to note successive years of participation may be purchased for an additional $10.
Click HERE to order today, and email Dan Kennedy at email@example.com with any questions.
Sign up for Eucharistic Adoration in the Skinner Chapel
Creighton Prep is in its sixth year of Eucharistic Adoration in the Skinner Chapel, and anyone is welcome to volunteer for an "hour of power" before the Blessed Sacrament.
Adoration takes place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays. Click HERE to reach the CP Adoration 2018-2019 signup page where you can view the adoration schedule and sign up to participate. If you have any questions about Eucharistic Adoration at Prep, please contact Mr. Kelly Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get a sense of the power of Eucharistic Adoration, click HERE to see the article “10 Surprising Things That Happen When You Go To Adoration More Often.”
Thank you for considering to serve the Prep students and the faculty and staff in this way. God bless you! Thanks to all those who have signed up so far!
Participate in Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years”
Beach BASH 2019 "Riding the Wave for 140 Years" will be held in the Heider Center at Creighton Prep on Saturday, April 27, just 43 days away as of Friday, March 15.
- The monies raised during BASH are a key component in our ability to keep tuition affordable for everyone and to provide more than $2 million in financial assistance annually to approximately 45 percent of our students.
- To download a save the date reminder in PDF format, click HERE.
- BASH is a great way to meet new people and get involved with the Prep community!
How Can You Participate?
Register Now to Attend Beach BASH 2019 on Saturday, April 27
- Mark your calendars now for Saturday, April 27 when Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years” takes place in the Heider Center. Our goal is to have 900 Prep supporters in attendance that evening ready to bid, have fun and support our deserving students.
- Individual tickets are $150 per person ($90 tax deductible). Young alums (Class of 1998 and later) can purchase tickets at $75 per alum plus guest ($15 tax deductible). We're also happy to place you at a table if you don't have plans to fill your own.
- Visit creightonprep.org/bash to register today!
Attend the Patron Party on Saturday, April 6
- Save the date and time of Saturday evening, April 6 to attend the Beach BASH 2019 Patron Party at the home of Prep parents Beth and David Kramer '83. This is a great event where Prep supporters gather in advance of BASH. Visit creightonprep.org/bashpatronparty to make your reservation today.
Purchase a Catalog Advertisement
- Advertise your business in our Beach BASH 2019 catalog. There are a variety of advertising opportunities for businesses of all sizes. Click HERE to purchase a catalog advertisement.
Become a Premier Partner Sponsor
- A Premier Partner sponsorship comes with a full-page catalog ad, a table for 10 people at the event, a digital ad on BidPal and more. Click HERE to download a PDF detailing the Premier Partner sponsor options and HERE to become a Premier Partner sponsor.
- Click HERE to download Premier Partner sponsor details and how to submit required information (catalog ad, eBASH banner, guest names, etc.).
Donate an Auction Item
- Donate a gift or monetary donation to support the live auction, silent auction or eBASH (online) auction. Gifts of all varieties and sizes are truly needed and appreciated! Some popular gift categories include: electronics, home items, jewelry, kitchenware, vacation homes, themed gift baskets, gift certificates and more. You could donate a gift on your own or go in with other families on a larger item.
- If you are interested in contributing an auction item, please contact Amy Knight at email@example.com or click HERE to make a donation online.
Donate a Themed Gift Basket
- One of the many ways you can help ensure a successful Beach BASH 2019 is by preparing a gift basket for the silent auction portion of the evening on Saturday, April 27. Members of the BASH team have created a SignUpGenius page to make it easy for you to donate a gift basket of your choosing or commit to a cash donation so one can be assembled for you. Click HERE to get started!
Buy or Sell Raffle Tickets
- Help us sell raffle tickets for a grand prize drawing of $10,000. Tickets are $100, 3 for $250, 7 for $500 or 15 for $1000. Tickets went on sale Sunday, January 27. Contact Amy Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Adult and Student Volunteers Needed
- Each year, Creighton Prep relies on hundreds of adult and student volunteers to make BASH a success! Don't miss this opportunity to get involved at Prep and meet great people!
- Adults can sign up HERE to volunteer in the months and days leading up to Beach BASH 2019, at the event itself and for post-event cleanup.
- Students can sign up HERE for volunteering during the week leading up to BASH, at the event itself and for post-event cleanup.
- If you have any questions about volunteering for Beach BASH 2019, please contact Amy Knight at 402-548-3858 or email@example.com.
BASH is a big undertaking, but with the help of our Prep community members, we come together each year to put together a successful event in support of our students – and have a little fun along the way!
We look forward to partnering with you.
6th & 7th Grade Pre-Entrance Exam – Saturday, March 16
All Omaha area young men in 6th and 7th grade are encouraged to take the Creighton Prep 6th & 7th-Grade Pre-Entrance Exam that begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 16 at Prep.
Students should bring two #2 pencils (no calculators) and enter the school on the west side of the building through the Sullivan Center doors. Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m., and the $10 fee for the exam can be paid that morning by cash or check. The test ends at 11:15 a.m., and parents can pick up their sons in the west parking lot starting around 11:30 a.m.
Please note that there is no make-up time for this exam. If there is inclement weather, please check all local television stations for the status of the exam.
Walk-ins are welcome, and we look forward to meeting your son!
New Interest Lacrosse Meeting – Monday, March 18
On Monday, March 18, the Creighton Prep lacrosse team will be hosting an informational meeting for any students newly interested in the sport. The meeting will take place in the Criss Auditorium from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Head coach Steve Haney ‘87 and other members of the Prep coaching staff will be on hand to answer any questions that students and parents might have. Any team member already signed up for the program is not expected to attend.
Please email Dan Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
eBASH 2019 – March 22-April 12
eBASH 2019, running from Friday, March 22 to Friday, April 12, is your opportunity to participate in Beach BASH 2019 without leaving the comfort of your home. Bid online for Creighton Prep items and ticket opportunities in the days leading up to Beach BASH 2019 on Saturday, April 27! You're guaranteed to find great, unique items while supporting Prep.
Additional details on eBASH 2019 will be communicated at a later date. For questions in the meantime, please contact Stephanie Kremla Heng at 402-548-6228 or email@example.com.
IVC Omaha Lenten Morning of Reflection – Saturday, March 23
The Ignatian Volunteer Corps of Omaha and Christian Life Communities are pleased to present a Lenten morning of reflection with Fr. Larry Gillick, SJ and Fr. Greg Carlson, SJ on Saturday March 23 from 9-11:30 a.m. in the Mercy High School chapel at 1501 S. 48th Street in Omaha. This is a great opportunity to grow your Lenten experience in 2019.
To register, click HERE or call Becky Ehrman at 402-681-6311. On that day, doors open to the school building from Woolworth Street at 8:30 a.m. and a lot will be available for parking.
BASH Patron Party – Saturday, April 6
Save the date and time of Saturday evening, April 6 to attend the Beach BASH 2019 Patron Party at the home of Prep parents Beth and David Kramer '83. This is a great event where Prep supporters gather in advance of BASH. Visit creightonprep.org/bashpatronparty to make your reservation today.
Lenten Event Sponsored by the Midwest Jesuits – Sunday, April 7
Continue your preparations for Easter by joining others in the Omaha community at the Lenten event sponsored by the Midwest Jesuits on Sunday, April 7 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Prep.
Check-in begins at 9 a.m. followed by prayer and reflection from 9:30-11 a.m. then Mass and lunch. The featured speaker will be Mr. Dan Kennedy, SJ, theology teacher and director of student activities at CP.
Click HERE to register online by Thursday, March 28. Details on parking and the event location inside the building will be communicated to those who register. If you have any questions prior to the event, please contact Dede Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission Week Activities – April 8-12
This year’s Mission Week will take place April 8-12 and involve activities to support Ocer Campion Jesuit College in Northern Uganda, the Ignatian Spirituality Project and Essential Pregnancy Services. Mission Week activities at Prep will include the following:
On Saturday, April 6th Prep students will be participating in the Play it Forward 3 x 3 basketball tournament at Sokol Arena. Proceeds from this event will go to help build a new basketball court at Ocer Campion Jesuit College in Northern Uganda. Click HERE for a flyer with more info about this event.
Campus Ministry will be hosting a penny wars competition during Mission Week to support the Ignatian Spirituality Project. The Ignatian Spirituality Project provides Ignatian retreats for the homeless and those in recovery. During the penny wars, houses receive positive points for the pennies in their buckets and negative points for the nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar bills in their buckets.
The National Honor Society will be selling Mission Week wristbands for $5 that will permit students to enjoy blue-white dress code during Mission Week. All proceeds will go to provide scholarships to students at Ocer Campion.
The Prep Students for Life group will be collecting diapers each morning during Mission Week to donate to Essential Pregnancy Services. EPS is committed to helping expectant and parenting families by providing medical, educational, material, financial, and emotional support.
A Mission Week Board Game and Spring Pep Rally will take place the following week, during Community Period on Wednesday, April 17. The house that wins the board game will receive a free breakfast from the Pancake Man during the morning of Wednesday, May 1.
Save the Date – Spring Rosary – Friday, April 12
Plan now to attend the 12th annual Spring Rosary for the Prep community on Friday, April 12. The event will be sponsored by CP Parents Praying with St. Ignatius, and more information about it will be included in a future Parent Pulse.
Beach BASH 2019 – Saturday, April 27
We look forward to seeing everyone in the Heider Center on Saturday, April 27 for Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years.” Our goal is to have 900 Prep supporters in attendance that evening ready to bid, have fun and support our deserving students.
Individual tickets are $150 per person ($90 tax deductible). Young alums (Class of 1998 and later) can purchase tickets at $75 per alum plus guest ($15 tax deductible). We're also happy to place you at a table if you don't have plans to fill your own.
Visit creightonprep.org/bash to register today!
Senior Recognition Concert - Tuesday, April 30
On Tuesday, April 30, you are cordially invited to hear the Prep Concert Band at its final home concert of the year, the annual Senior Recognition Concert. This is where senior band members will be recognized for their tremendous work and achievements. The concert begins at 7 p.m. in the Sullivan Center and admission is free.
Alumni Golf Tournament – Monday, May 20
Prep alumni, make sure to mark your calendar now and join us for the 2019 Creighton Prep Alumni Golf Tournament on Monday, May 20 at Shadow Ridge Country Club (1501 South 188 Plaza). This is always a fun day and a good opportunity to practice your game for the summer season! The cost is $115 per player, and that includes the range, a cart, golf, lunch and dinner. Sponsorships at various holes on the course are available for $650.
Click HERE to register today, and contact Max Huerter '09 in the Alumni Office at email@example.com or 402-548-3851 with any questions.
Summer Camps – May 28-July 31
We are excited to host your boys and girls from grades K through 12 on our campus this summer at a variety of athletic camps and an innovation camp. Click HERE to see the list and review each camp description to learn more about grade levels, dates, times and costs. Registration is divided by grade level so choose the corresponding grade level your student will be entering in the fall of 2019.
Once you have chosen your camps, Register Now to begin the process. You can pay online via PayPal or send a check. Please make checks payable to Creighton Prep and mail to the camp's coach at Prep. Contact your coach for questions about financial assistance.
ArchOmaha Unite – Saturday, June 8
Don’t miss out on ArchOmaha Unite, a once-in-a-lifetime, joy-filled, Catholic celebration! Over 7,000 people have reserved their seats so far. There are specific Youth Sessions for young people, but participants need to register ahead of time at Unite.Archomaha.org.
Seven Speakers Qualify for National Catholic Forensic League Tournament
Congratulations to Head Coach Rich Brown and the seven members of the speech team who have qualified to compete in five different categories for the National Catholic Forensic League Tournament to be held later this year.
Student Congress: Patrick Kealey, Jack McNally and Dominic Mendlik,
Declamation: Simon Podliska
Extemporaneous: Jaliya Nagahawatte
Dramatic Performance: James Miller
Oral Interpretation: Nathan Reyes
Congratulations also go to Rich Brown on being recently named the National Forensic League/National Speech & Debate Association District Speech Coach of the Year!
Prep Band Working With the Omaha Symphony, UNO Faculty to Prepare for Contest Season
Director of Instrumental Music David May reports that, during the month of March, the Prep Band is working side-by-side with musicians from the Omaha Symphony and Karen Fannin, the assistant director for the School of Music at the University of Nebraska Omaha, to prepare for their upcoming contest season.
That season includes the district music contest on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 at Burke High School. The Prep Concert Band will be seeking the program’s 33rd consecutive Superior rating at the event. The Prep Percussion Ensemble and several individual soloists will be competing, too. On Sunday, May 5, the Prep Band will be performing at the Worlds of Fun Festival of Music in Kansas City, looking for a 25th straight Superior rating in national competition.
Keep up to date on Creighton Prep
To keep up to date on all the happenings at Creighton Prep, bookmark our homepage, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
Home page: www.creightonprep.org
Mobile homepage: www.creightonprep.org/mobile
Facebook: Creighton Preparatory School