Freshman Costume Dance – Canceled
Due to the weather predicted for tonight (Friday, February 22), the Freshman Costume Dance at Prep has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
6th & 7th Grade Pre-Entrance Exam – Rescheduled to Saturday, March 16
Due to the weather predicted for tomorrow (Saturday, February 23), the 6th & 7th Grade Pre-Entrance Exam at Prep has been rescheduled to Saturday, March 16.
The cost is $10, and parents can register their sons and pay online HERE.
On the day of the exam, students should bring two #2 pencils (no calculators) and enter the building from the west parking lot. Students may arrive for check-in starting at 7:30 a.m. At 7:45 a.m., they will be directed to a classroom where testing will begin at 8 a.m. Parents can pick up students in the west parking lot starting at approximately 11:30 a.m.
If you have any questions about the 6th & 7th Grade Pre-Entrance Exam, please contact Josh Luedtke, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
Registration Fee For The 2019-2020 School Year
This is a note to let you know that the Creighton Prep Business Office will be assessing the 2019-2020 registration fee for returning students through FACTS Management’s Incidental Billing feature. Watch for an email from FACTS regarding the $300 fee, which is due Friday, March 15.
Please check the FACTS email carefully to see if the fee will be deducted from your bank account automatically or if you will need to initiate a payment to FACTS. The options you chose for your tuition payments may not apply to this special billing.
Please contact Debbie Novotny in the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!
Register Now to Attend Beach BASH 2019 on Saturday, April 27
Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years” on Saturday, April 27 will be Prep’s largest fundraiser of the year, and our goal is to have 900 Prep supporters in the Heider Center that evening ready to bid, have fun and support our deserving students.
Individual tickets are $150 per person ($90 tax deductible). Young alums (Class of 1998 and later) can purchase tickets at $75 per alum plus guest ($15 tax deductible). We're also happy to place you at a table if you don't have plans to fill your own.
Visit www.bidpal.net/bash to register today!
If you have questions regarding reservations, please call Grace Cominoli at 402-548-3881.
See you there!
Sign up for Eucharistic Adoration in the Skinner Chapel
Creighton Prep is in its sixth year of Eucharistic Adoration in the Skinner Chapel, and anyone is welcome to volunteer for an "hour of power" before the Blessed Sacrament.
Adoration takes place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays in the Skinner Chapel. Click HERE to reach the CP Adoration 2018-2019 signup page where you can view the adoration schedule and sign up to participate. If you have any questions about Eucharistic Adoration at Prep, please contact Mr. Kelly Barth at email@example.com.
To get a sense of the power of Eucharistic Adoration, click HERE to see the article “10 Surprising Things That Happen When You Go To Adoration More Often.”
Thank you for considering to serve the Prep students and the faculty and staff in this way. God bless you! Thanks to all those who have signed up so far!
Participate in Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years”
Beach BASH 2019 "Riding the Wave for 140 Years" will be held in the Heider Center at Creighton Prep on Saturday, April 27, just 64 days away as of Friday, February 22.
- The monies raised during BASH are a key component in our ability to keep tuition affordable for everyone and to provide more than $2 million in financial assistance annually to approximately 45 percent of our students.
- To download a save the date reminder in PDF format, click HERE.
- BASH is a great way to meet new people and get involved with the Prep community!
How Can You Participate?
Register Now to Attend Beach BASH 2019 on Saturday, April 27
- Mark your calendars now for Saturday, April 27 when Beach BASH 2019 “Riding the Wave for 140 Years” takes place in the Heider Center. Our goal is to have 900 Prep supporters in attendance that evening ready to bid, have fun and support our deserving students.
- Individual tickets are $150 per person ($90 tax deductible). Young alums (Class of 1998 and later) can purchase tickets at $75 per alum plus guest ($15 tax deductible). We're also happy to place you at a table if you don't have plans to fill your own.
- Visit www.bidpal.net/bash to register today!
Donate an Auction Item
- Donate a gift or monetary donation to support the live auction, silent auction or eBASH (online) auction. Gifts of all varieties and sizes are truly needed and appreciated! Some popular gift categories include: electronics, home items, jewelry, kitchenware, vacation homes, themed gift baskets, gift certificates and more. You could donate a gift on your own or go in with other families on a larger item.
- If you are interested in contributing an auction item, please contact Amy Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org or click HERE to make a donation online.
Attend the Patron Party on Saturday, April 6
- Save the date and time of Saturday evening, April 6 to attend the Beach BASH 2019 Patron Party at the home of Prep parents Beth and David Kramer '83. This is a great event where Prep supporters gather in advance of BASH. Details on registering for the Patron Party will be communicated in a future Parent Pulse.
Donate a Themed Gift Basket
- One of the many ways you can help ensure a successful Beach BASH 2019 is by preparing a gift basket for the silent auction portion of the evening on Saturday, April 27. Members of the BASH team have created a SignUpGenius page to make it easy for you to donate a gift basket of your choosing or commit to a cash donation so one can be assembled for you. Click HERE to get started!
Buy or Sell Raffle Tickets
- Help us sell raffle tickets for a grand prize drawing of $10,000. Tickets are $100, 3 for $250, 7 for $500 or 15 for $1000. Tickets went on sale Sunday, January 27. Contact Amy Knight at email@example.com for more info.
Purchase a Catalog Advertisement
- Advertise your business in our Beach BASH 2019 catalog. There are a variety of advertising opportunities for businesses of all sizes. Click HERE to purchase a catalog advertisement.
Become a Premier Partner Sponsor
- A Premier Partner sponsorship comes with a full-page catalog ad, a table for 10 people at the event, a digital ad on BidPal and more. Click HERE to download a PDF detailing the Premier Partner sponsor options and HERE to become a Premier Partner sponsor.
- Click HERE to download Premier Partner sponsor details and how to submit required information (catalog ad, eBASH banner, guest names, etc.).
- Each year, Creighton Prep relies on hundreds of volunteers to make BASH a success! Sign up now to volunteer in the months and days leading up to Beach BASH 2019 and also for the event itself. Don't miss this opportunity to get involved at Prep and meet great people!
- If you have any questions about volunteering for Beach BASH 2019 or the event itself, please contact Amy Knight at 402-548-3858 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASH is a big undertaking, but with the help of our Prep community members, we come together each year to put together a successful event in support of our students – and have a little fun along the way!
We look forward to partnering with you.
Swimming and Diving Team at State – February 21-23
Best of luck to the swimming and diving team at the state meet in Lincoln February 21-23. The team will be going for the program’s 13th straight Class A state title.
Follow the team’s progress on Saturday, February 23 on NET beginning at 11 a.m. The network will also stream the event online here.
Let’s go, Prep speed!
Prep vs. Northwest in District A-3 Basketball – Monday, February 25
The defending state champion Junior Jay basketball team begin District A-3 play in the Heider Center on Monday, February 25 as they take on the Huskies from Omaha Northwest at 6 p.m. Come on out to Prep and cheer on the guys as they continue their run to the state tournament!
CP Rowing Club Meeting – Tuesday, February 26
Veteran rowers and newly interested students are invited to an informational meeting with Coach Ralph Merritt to discuss the upcoming spring rowing season on Tuesday, February 26 at 6 p.m. in Room T-003. Parents of rowers are encouraged to attend a meeting at 7 p.m. in the same location to learn about the sport and the upcoming season.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Merritt at email@example.com or Dan Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony – Monday, March 4
Creighton Prep is proud to recognize alumni, coaches and supporters for outstanding contributions to the athletic program at the school. Their commitment, achievement and sense of sportsmanship set the standard for the young athletes who follow in their footsteps today.
On Monday, March 4, you are cordially invited to the Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony in the Sullivan Center, recognizing the 2019 Hall of Fame honorees:
Bruce D. Vosburg '61
Othello H. Meadows III '94
James V. "Vince" Pietro, D.D.S. '96
Stanley G. "Stan" Macaitis '54
Thomas "Tiger Tom" Lynch '58
2011 Soccer Team
On that night, please join us for a cocktail reception at 6 p.m. followed by a dinner and program at 7 p.m. Parking will be available in the west lot.
Tickets are $60 per person. Click HERE to register.
Click HERE to see a PDF of the invitation to the Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner & Induction Ceremony.
To nominate a former Creighton Prep athlete, coach, contributor or team for consideration to a future Athletic Hall of Fame class, click HERE.
CUES YP Catholic High School Alumni Night at Prep – Thursday, March 7
Omaha area Catholic high school alumni are invited to Prep for an evening of food, drink and community on Thursday, March 7 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. as the school hosts the CUES Young Professionals in the Carta Hall of Fame Room. This is a great opportunity to catch up with Prep alumni and friends while learning more about CUES YP, CUES and the amazing work they do in support of area grade schools.
Click HERE to RSVP, and learn more about CUES and CUES YP HERE.
eBASH 2019 – March 22-April 12
eBASH 2019, running from Friday, March 22 to Friday, April 12, is your opportunity to participate in Beach BASH 2019 without leaving the comfort of your home. Bid online for Creighton Prep items and ticket opportunities in the days leading up to Beach BASH 2019 on Saturday, April 27! You're guaranteed to find great, unique items while supporting Prep.
Additional details on eBASH 2019 will be communicated at a later date. For questions in the meantime, please contact Stephanie Kremla Heng at 402-548-6228 or email@example.com.
Save the Date – ArchOmaha Unite – Saturday, June 8
Save the date of Saturday, June 8 and plan now to attend ArchOmaha Unite at the CHI Health Center, an event where Catholics from across the Archdiocese of Omaha will gather to celebrate their Catholic faith. Highlights will include a multimedia event with Archbishop George Lucas, entertainment by famed Catholic comedian Jim Gaffigan, a musical theater performance and breakout sessions for Spanish-speakers and children.
Admission is free but tickets are expected to go quickly so register and find out more today at unite.archomaha.org.
For Your Planning – 2019-2020 Major Dates Calendar
The 2019-2020 Major Dates Calendar is now posted to the Prep website HERE. We hope this will aid in your planning for the next school year. As new information becomes available, the calendar will be updated.
Applications for Ten Outstanding Young Omaha Teens Now Being Accepted
Applications are being accepted for the Ten Outstanding Young Omaha Teens (ages 13-18). This honor is for those who are making a difference and showing exemplary commitment to improving the Omaha metro community through volunteerism and community actions. If your son is a strong candidate for this honor please encourage him to apply here. The application deadline is Monday, March 11. More information is available at www.omahajaycees.org
Wrestling Team Completes Season With Ten at State
Congratulations to the 10 Prep wrestlers who competed at state last week. Highlights included Tony Pray getting second at 220 pounds and Jack Hasz sixth at 285 pounds. Others wrestling for Prep were:
Angel Arcos at 152 pounds
Francisco Becerra at 106 pounds
Dominic Fate at 160 pounds
Joey Glogowski at 195 pounds
Sam Mololey at 145 pounds
John Moulton at 126 pounds
Nate Sanchez at 113 pounds
Xavier Vaughn at 182 pounds
Speakers Finish Strong at Lincoln East Tournament
The speech team finished their regular season strong at a tournament hosted recently by Lincoln East. Among their achievements, Jaliya Nagahawatte finished second in extemporaneous speaking and Dominic Mendlik was fourth in the final round of that same competition. He also medaled in informative speaking while Nate Reyes did the same in poetry interpretation. Overall, Prep was 13th in the field of 28 teams.
Academic Decathlon Team Third at State
Congratulations to the Academic Decathlon Team on their third place at state in the large school competition on Saturday, February 16. Josh Kramer was the team’s overall top scorer, and he and eight of his teammates won medals:
Mitchell Finocchiaro (gold in economics; silver in music and literature; bronze in math)
Connor Gregg (gold in math and science; silver in speech)
Charlie Hough (gold in speech; silver in interview)
Josh Kramer (gold in speech; silver in interview, essay and math)
Matthew Lemar (silver in interview; bronze in essay and economics)
Nate Limas (gold in essay; silver in speech, interview and math; bronze in music)
Brian Martin (bronze in music)
Owen Morrow (silver in alternate soft sciences; bronze in alternate fine arts and alternate hard sciences)
Patrick Rogers (gold in alternate hard sciences; silver in alternate fine arts and alternate soft sciences)
Keep up to date on Creighton Prep
To keep up to date on all the happenings at Creighton Prep, bookmark our homepage, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
Home page: www.creightonprep.org
Mobile homepage: www.creightonprep.org/mobile
Facebook: Creighton Preparatory School