Please report to the Sullivan Center entrance on the west side of the building during your assigned time on Monday, August 14, 2017:
Juniors and Sophomores: 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
Seniors and Freshmen: Anytime time between 9:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. (Freshmen accompanied by Big Brothers)
- Please use the list below as a "checklist" for the day.
- All students must be in dress code for registration. This includes hair and all other aspects of the dress code. Seniors should note the requirement below to follow the formal dress code.
- Please note that payment procedures for parking permits and school supplies have changed.
- See below for more information on padlocks, parking permits, school pictures and school supplies such as assignment notebooks. Only padlocks and school pictures will be available for purchase at registration.
- Click HERE for a checklist of items to complete prior to registration.
The first day of school for freshmen is Monday, August 14, 2017. The first day of school for all other students is Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
< back to page list
- Book and App Purchasing
Click HERE to access the 2017-2018 textbook and app purchasing page.
Rather than shopping around online at multiple merchant sites one by one, the link above allows you to obtain the same results with just a few simple clicks. It also eliminates the need to copy and paste multiple ISBNs over and over again into individual merchant sites in order to find the best deal.
Creighton Prep has created a textbook buy/sell Facebook Community Page for parents and students to buy and sell used textbooks that are currently being used with Prep’s curriculum. Prep does not have any ownership or responsibility for the listings on this page. It is up to the buyer to ensure they are buying the correct book(s). If you are buying a book, please double check your class schedule, title and ISBN numbers required on Prep’s textbook and app buying page before making a purchase. This will ensure you are buying the correct book and version: print book and/or electronic text. Matching the ISBN is the only way to guarantee you are getting the correct book. Regardless of where you choose to purchase your books, it is the student’s responsibility to have his textbooks by the first day of class each semester. You must verify the ISBN number when purchasing books. Some titles have changed edition number, and you can only be assured of the correct book by the ISBN. Creighton Prep is not responsible for the purchase of the wrong edition or a discontinued book. If you have any questions about the ISBN number, please email Mrs. Sands at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that your book order arrives on time, please check the processing and shipping information provided by the book seller. Processing time does not include shipping time and can add up to 10-14 business days to your order.
Many of our required readings are in electronic format and will be accessed through the iPad. However, not all the publishers have formatted their books to a format compatible with iPads so they are not all available electronically at this time. Until there are more e-books available that fit our needs, we will be using a combination of e-books and traditional books for our classes.
Students and parents should take into consideration the potential for schedule changes before purchasing any books. Graduation requirements will remain in the schedule, but should students decide to change elective courses after they have purchased books, they will be responsible for reselling their textbooks.
Prep has established specific required apps for all students in order to provide them with consistency in the classroom. Other apps may be required on a course by course basis and will be communicated to students at the beginning of each semester by the course instructor.
- Demerit/Activity Card
- At registration each student will receive a demerit card for the semester.
- This card also serves as an activity card that allows for free admission to Prep home games and reduced admission to Prep away games.
- Students are required to have this card in their possession at all times at school and at school-sponsored actvities.
- When a student earns five demerits, he must attend JUG (detention).
- The semester limit is 40 demerits and 12 JUGs.
- For more information about the discipline process, please consult the Student-Parent Handbook or the Dean's Office web page.
- Lockers & Padlocks
- All students will have an individual school locker.
- Students will find their locker assignment on PowerSchool a few weeks after schedules are published.
- Students must purchase a school-issued, gray-faced padlock for their school lockers. The cost is $5.
- Padlocks will be available for purchase at Freshman Orientation, at registration, and in the Dean's Office anytime during business hours.
- Students who already have a school-issued, gray-faced padlock do not need to purchase a new one.
- Freshmen are encouraged to purchase padlocks at Freshman Orientation rather than waiting to purchase them at registration. Again, the cost is $5.
- Locker room lockers and padlocks are available through your coach or P.E. teacher. All locker room padlocks must be the blue-faced padlocks provided by the school.
- Parking Permits - Online Registration
- All students who drive to Creighton Prep must register their vehicle(s) with the school and have a parking permit. The cost of a parking permit is $10.
- Parking permits are only available for purchase online through the first week of school. Following the first week, you may purchase a parking permit in the Dean's Office.
- Click HERE to register your vehicle(s) with the school and purchase a parking permit. A credit card is required for payment.
- Each student should know the make, model, color and license plate number of all vehicles that he may drive to school.
- Parking permits that are purchased by Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 6 p.m. will be available for pickup at registration.
- After registration, purchased parking permits will be available for pickup in the Dean's Office during the first week of school and for purchase after that time.
- Please keep your emailed receipt and bring it with you when picking up your parking permit.
- Picture Order Form for All Students
School pictures will be taken at registration and are available for purchase. Jeremy Johnson Photography is Creighton Prep's official photographer for these pictures.
If you would like more information about Jeremy Johnson Photography, please visit their website at http://www.jeremyjohnsonphoto.com/.
Click HERE to download a picture order form.
- Pictures and Yearbook Dedication Ads for Seniors
Senior Picture Options and Expectations for Registration:
As your son's last year of high school approaches, we want you to be aware of three important senior picture items.
- ALL SENIORS are required to wear a shirt and tie to registration on Monday, August 14, 2017. Click HERE to learn more.
- ALL SENIORS will have their shirt-and-tie picture taken for the yearbook at registration on Monday, August 14, 2017.
- You do not need to schedule a senior picture appointment to fulfill senior yearbook requirements.
Jeremy Johnson, our school photographer, has various senior picture options for you to save time and money. Please contact Jeremy Johnson Photography at 402-292-8438 or go to www.jeremyjohnsonphoto.com.
Senior Dedication Ads for Yearbook Publication
The Jay Junior yearbook includes an optional section for parents to write dedications to their graduating sons, and many families carry on this tradition. Parents are asked to include a photograph to be printed alongside the dedication. The cost of this service is $50.
Click HERE to submit a photo and a dedication as well as pay with your credit or debit card online.
- Preparing for School - A Checklist
Preparing For School – A Checklist
- If you have not yet reviewed the student records and health update request in a June email to parents, please review that email and update any changes. Without these updates, we may have outdated directory, student health and emergency contact information. Call the High School Office at 402-393-1190 or email@example.com if you have questions.
- Review course schedule on PowerSchool and check for any errors.
- Order books online. Click HERE for textbook and app purchase available through the Prep website.
- Review the Student-Parent Handbook and submit the required online Student-Parent Handbook Agreement before registration. You may also want to review selected handbook changes.
- Check school clothing and hair style to confirm they are within dress code expectations.
- Is hair clean, groomed, the natural color, and above the eyebrows, collar and earlobe?
- Are clothes too small, worn out or no longer neat and clean?
- Confirm that parent mobile phones are registered with our emergency text notification service by texting any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin or yes. It is okay to repeat this process. Click HERE to learn more about SchoolMessenger emergency notification.
- Submit an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) to the Dean’s Office IF the student has a life-threatening condition such as severe asthma, allergies, diabetes or seizures.
- Complete and return to the Dean’s Office the Prescription Medication/Authorization to Carry and Self-Administer Form which requires a physician’s signature IF the student needs to take prescription medication while at school.
- If involved in athletics (especially any fall sports), complete the required athletic forms.
- Find locker assignment on PowerSchool, available in mid-July.
- Purchase a school-issued, gray-faced padlock for $5.00 at registration if you need a new one.
- Purchase a parking permit if driving to school. Permits are available only online by clicking HERE.
- Complete a picture order form with a separate check payable to Jeremy Johnson Photography IF purchasing school photos. Click HERE for the order form and click HERE for information for seniors.
- Make annual, semi-annual or quarterly tuition payments by Friday, August 11, 2017.
- School Supplies
- Teachers will have lists of required supplies for individual classes at the first class meeting.
- Students will be given a reasonable amount of time to obtain these supplies.
- Gym shirts will be available for purchase in class. Teachers will discuss the purchase of these on the first day of class. The cost is $25 which is payable in P.E. classes.
- For information about book and app purchases, click HERE.
- Student Update Forms
If you have not yet reviewed the student records and health update request that you received in a June email, please review that email and update that information. Without these updates, we may have outdated directory, student health and emergency contact information.
Additionally, parents should provide the school with emergency action plans (EAPs), authorizations for prescription medications, or authorizations to carry and self-administer medication prior to each school year or as needed. These forms are available in the Dean’s Office or through the Dean’s web page by clicking HERE. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the Dean’s Office if changes occur.
If you have questions about these forms, please contact the High School Office or Dean's Office at 402-393-1190.
- Student-Parent Handbook Verification
Reviewing the Handbook and Verification of Acceptance
All students and parents are expected to review the Student-Parent Handbook prior to each school year. The Student-Parent Handbook contains important information that will assist students and parents in daily life at Creighton Prep. This document guides us in our mission in the continual formation of young men for and with others.
Click HERE for the Student-Parent Handbook.
Click HERE to verify acceptance of the Student-Parent Handbook.
Handbook verification and acceptance must be completed prior to final registration for school in August. However, the registration of a student is considered an acceptance on his part and on the part of his parents or guardians of all rules and regulations of Creighton Preparatory School, including the judgment of school authorities on academic and disciplinary sanctions, suspension or expulsion of a student.